Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Excellent opportunity to learn and practice

I am working on my Bachelor of Education in Adult Education currently, just on the second course of 5, but this course is one on facilitation and effective communication essentially.  I am just getting in to the text book, and it is all about facilitating and process of sharing information.

I am actually sitting here realizing that in April that these skills are going to begin getting used.  It is essentially a teaching role, but working with the other paramedics is being the facilitator.  I just wish that getting the group together would be easier.

Next week I am doing my first fundraiser - Chili Luncheon.  I need to make vast amounts of chili.  I think there are only 3 of us contributing and I would really like to do lunch and then evening batch starts.  I forget how difficult this is sometimes, being invested in the planning and processing of the event. 

The reception from what we have been told, has been outstanding by the Nicaraguan Ministry of Health (MINSA).  They would love for us to take this through out the country and not just the province we are currently serving.  The challenge of course is getting people who are interested.  We had lots of interest initially, but it seems to have died down a bit.  I'm hoping we get a good group.  Time is ticking though, so it may be smaller this year. 

Anyway, the plans are coming together, working to get enough money raised for all of us! This is always the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment